DVD CSS Feature Descriptor/DVD-Download

Reiner Kopf rkopf at nero.com
Tue Sep 2 09:57:50 PDT 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0809020_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Hello all,
while reviewing the latest Mt Fuji specification rev 7, ver 1.00, we found
that the definition of the "Current"
bit in chapter "17.4.2.46 Feature 0106h: DVD CSS" on page 619 should be
extended in order to take into
account a DVD-Download disc (SL and DL).
Our proposal is that the "Current" bit should also be set to one in case a
DVD-Download disc is present.
So the description of the "Current" bit should be modified from
    "This bit shall be set to zero if DVD CSS/CPPM medium is not present."
    "This bit shall be set to zero if DVD CSS/CPPM medium and a recordable
DVD-Download disc is not present."
Best regards,
Reiner Kopf
Nero AG