iADT Proposal Update Posted (T10/07-469r8)

Paul Suhler Paul.Suhler at Quantum.Com
Mon Sep 1 15:31:36 PDT 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0809010_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

I have just posted the latest revision of the iADT proposal:
I decided not to attempt to address any of the questions raised by Kevin Butt
in IBM's T10/08-332r0, such as:
*	Support for short-lived connections, i.e., not having connection loss
cause I_T nexus loss.
*	Specifying what to do if a connection cannot be established.
*	Relevance of the Sensea signal.
*	Removing all references to Ethernet.
*	Specifying signals to facilitate locating the drive in a library.
These will require discussion and a consensus of the group.  I request that
everyone review Kevin's presentation and be prepared to discuss the above
points (and any that I may have missed).
Thanks,
Paul
___________________________________
Paul A. Suhler | Firmware Engineer | Quantum Corporation | Office:
949.856.7748 | paul.suhler at quantum.com
___________________________________
Disregard the Quantum Corporation confidentiality notice below.  The
information contained in this transmission is not confidential.  Permission
is hereby explicitly granted to disclose, copy, and further distribute to any
individual(s) or organization(s), without restriction.
The information contained in this transmission may be
confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further
distribution of confidential information is not permitted
unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by
Quantum Corporation. Furthermore, Quantum Corporation is not
responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the
substance of this communication or for any delay in its
receipt.