SSC-3: Letter Ballot comment IBM-L2 resolution (LOCK bit)

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 6 19:05:53 PDT 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0810062_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

I have uploaded the first pass draft of the proposal to answer SSC-3 LB
comment IBM-L2.  This is about the LOCK bit.  This proposal is large and
it will require careful scrutiny.  I don't think it is ready to be
approved yet as I am sure I missed something - just don't know what. Also,
I am not positive it agrees with the reflector conversation between Paul
Entzel and I a few months ago.	I do know that it is large enough that
this will take several iterations before it is ready.  Please review it
and provide feedback or be ready to discuss it during the SSC-3 WG on Nov
4.
Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-2869 / 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com