Response to 08-425r0

Day, Brian Brian.Day at lsi.com
Wed Nov 5 14:27:59 PST 2008

Formatted message: <a href="r0811053_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Hi Bill...
I'm suggesting the new item d) is required so we don't have the exact same
race condition issue when the "slower" trained device acquires dword sync on
the 4th, 5th, or 6th dword of a TRAIN_DONE (i.e. there aren't enough of the
TRAIN_DONE dwords left to detect 3 out of 6 redundant rule in the primitive
sequence)
Without item d), it would be possible to then transition to SP30 without
detecting the TRAIN_DONE, and have the faster device move to SAS_PHY_Ready,
and we've got the same problem again.
Essentially, I'm suggesting a device doesn't say TRAIN_DONE until it's
reached the point where it's actually seeing/decoding the other devices
primitives, instead of just acquiring dword sync as the gating factor.
Brian