SAS-2 revision 14a comments
Timothy.McLeod at datadomain.com
Fri May 9 11:43:56 PDT 2008
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* "Timothy McLeod " <Timothy.McLeod at datadomain.com>
I have the following comments about the SAS-2 revision 14a document:
1. In section 10.4.3, there is not a consistant format for the SMP
function subsections. Some functions such as REPORT GENERAL, REPORT
MANUFACTURER INFORMATION, and REPORT ZONE MANAGER PASSWORD use a single
block style, where others such as REPORT SELF-CONFIGURATION STATUS,
REPORT ZONE PERMISSION TABLE and REPORT BROADCAST break the section into
an overview, request, response and additional table subsections.
2. Section 10.4.3.8, for REPORT ZONE MANAGER PASSWORD function, table
264, byte 1 shows the function code as 04h instead of 05h.
3. Section 10.4.3.9.4, the title should have the "REPORT BROADCAST
response" removed and just be "Broadcast descriptor".
4. Section 10.4.3.15.2, for the DISCOVER LIST request, table 292 lists
for 0h that descriptor length will be "The length of the DISCOVER
response, not including the CRC field." as described in section
10.4.3.10, table 270. Do these descriptor also include the response
header fields of SMP FRAME TYPE, FUNCTION, FUNCTION RESULT, RESPONSE
LENGTH and EXPANDER CHANGE COUNT?
Data Domain, Inc.
2421 Mission College Blvd.
Santa Clara CA 95054
tmcleod at datadomain.com
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10