LU+Volume

Ralph Weber roweber at IEEE.org
Fri Mar 7 05:51:34 PST 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0803070_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Sivan,
The description of the enforcement manager's behavior
shown below appears to conflict with Kevin's understanding
of what those who requested CbCS support for volumes wanted.
The Volume Credential is valid for only one logical unit
(or possibly all the logical units in one SCSI target device).
Any other logical unit will have a different key and therefore
be unable to construct the correct capkey associated with the
Volume Credential. Therefore, use of the volume in other
logical units appears to be prohibited.
I am no longer certain that CbCS Volume support functions
as intended.
All the best,
.Ralph