miniSAS active cable keying

Alvin.Cox at seagate.com Alvin.Cox at seagate.com
Fri Jun 20 07:03:49 PDT 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0806200_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

During our last SAS phy conference call, there were separate keys
indicated for active cables (see 08-257r0). I am wondering what the
implementation plan is. The keys provide no protection from plugging in a
SAS 1.1 (legacy passive) cable and the phy's should work with the SAS 2.0
10-meter passive version, so what is the advantage of adding this key? I
guess I am missing something in the planned implementation. Could someone
elaborate?
Alvin Cox
Seagate Technology, LLC
Office 405-381-8067