Latest iADT Proposal Uploaded

Paul Suhler Paul.Suhler at Quantum.Com
Fri Jun 13 16:14:16 PDT 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0806132_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

I have uploaded the latest version of the iADT proposal for discussion at
next Wednesday's ADI working group teleconference:
The major changes are:
*	Enhanced model section.
*	Removed LED connections from ADT Ethernet bus description.
*	Added descriptions of LED blinking.
*	Specified a fixed TimeoutACK in seconds for ADT TCP connections.
*	Deleted ADT UDP interconnect.
I tried to map the various protocol layers to the OSI model, but because the
ADT Link Layer could be mapped at one level for ADT serial and at another for
ADT TCP, I was concerned that this might be more confusing than helpful.
Please take a look at the new layer figure and let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Paul
___________________________________
Paul A. Suhler | Firmware Engineer | Quantum Corporation | Office:
949.856.7748 | paul.suhler at quantum.com
___________________________________
Disregard the Quantum Corporation confidentiality notice below.  The
information contained in this transmission is not confidential.  Permission
is hereby explicitly granted to disclose, copy, and further distribute to any
individual(s) or organization(s), without restriction.
The information contained in this transmission may be
confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further
distribution of confidential information is not permitted
unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by
Quantum Corporation. Furthermore, Quantum Corporation is not
responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the
substance of this communication or for any delay in its
receipt.