[snia-osd] RE: [Ips] OSD over iSCSI

Pete Wyckoff pw at osc.edu
Sat Jun 7 07:55:41 PDT 2008

* Pete Wyckoff <pw at osc.edu>
*
joe at lingua-data.com wrote on Fri, 06 Jun 2008 12:14 -0600:
> IBM at least used to distribute an OSD Initiator for such testing purposes.
> IIRC, it was available on Sourceforge. Try this:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/osd-initiator
[and other good suggestions]

You're welcome to try our OSD userspace initiator library.  It is
v2, but is missing a few bits in r3.  It's not a whole file system,
but there are plenty of tests that exercise a broad range of OSD
activity.  There's a target there too in case you want to compare
notes.	All this is under development.
http://www.osc.edu/~pw/osd/index.php
It uses a linux-specific mechanism to submit the commands to the
in-kernel SCSI midlayer, and from there to your target via iSCSI or
another transport.  Large CDBs and bidirectional transfers require
some fairly recent linux kernel features, which are slowly trickling
in to the kernel.  You can look at my tree for patches; not all are
needed, and many may have gone upstream already.
http://git.osc.edu/?p=linux.git;a=summary
		-- Pete
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org