T10/07-469r7 (iADT) Posted

Paul Suhler Paul.Suhler at Quantum.Com
Fri Jul 25 17:02:17 PDT 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0807250_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

I have posted the latest revision of the iADT proposal
(http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/document.07/07-469r7.pdf).	The changes include:
	Moved connection definitions into separate subclause from electrical
characteristics.
	Reorganized conventions subclauses to match SAM-4 and added a
conventions subclause for ladder diagrams.
	Revised ladder diagrams.  (For connection establishment, used a
single diagram with optional inter-device communication, rather than
different diagrams for ADT serial and iADT ports as the working group had
	ecommended.)
	Changed terminology from ADT TCP interconnect port to iADT
interconnect port.
	Changed RS-422 references to match the actual number of the document
(ANSI/EIA/TIA-422-B-1994).
	Defined that deassertion of the Sensea or Sensed connection may
invoke the Closed service indication and added a reason argument to Closed.
	See T10/08-301r0 for a change to ADC-3 indicating that I_T nexus loss
by bridging manager may be decoupled from command processing by local SMC
device server.
Members of the ADI working group are requested to read the document carefully
so that we might be able to wrap this up in the 13 July teleconference.
Thanks very much,
Paul
___________________________________
Paul A. Suhler | Firmware Engineer | Quantum Corporation | Office:
949.856.7748 | paul.suhler at quantum.com
___________________________________
Disregard the Quantum Corporation confidentiality notice below.  The
information contained in this transmission is not confidential.  Permission
is hereby explicitly granted to disclose, copy, and further distribute to any
individual(s) or organization(s), without restriction.
The information contained in this transmission may be
confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further
distribution of confidential information is not permitted
unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by
Quantum Corporation. Furthermore, Quantum Corporation is not
responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the
substance of this communication or for any delay in its
receipt.