Mode Sense

Eddy Quicksall Quicksall_SCSI at Bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 9 13:07:30 PDT 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0807090_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

6.9 MODE SELECT(6) command
. . .
A save pages (SP) bit set to zero specifies that the device server shall
perform the specified MODE SELECT
operation, and shall not save any mode pages. If the logical unit implements
no distinction between current and
saved mode pages and the SP bit is set to zero, the command shall be
terminated with CHECK CONDITION status,
. . .
If my target is not saving mode pages then I am assuming the "logical unit
implements no distinction between current and saved mode pages". If that is
the case then I don't understand the sentence because it would seem the
initiator would have to set SP to 0; but 0 would cause a CHECK CONDITION. So
I think I don't understand the meaning.
Can someone explain what this means?
Eddy