Action Items from yesterdays ADI meeting

Rose, Roger Rrose at tandbergdata.com
Wed Jan 16 09:08:02 PST 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0801162_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Kevin & Georg,
I didn't see the original request, so I'm not sure which Tape Alert flag
19h you're referring to or the exact question.	Regardless, none of the
current Tandberg Data US-designed products set this flag.  (Georg has
already received a response for our Oslo-designed products.)
My best guess at the intended usages:
    SMC-2 Tape Alert 19h - Operation invalid at this time.  Probably
used to indicate operations that are currently not possible (e.g. move
medium involving an open I/E Port)
    SSC-2 Tape Alert 19h - Redundant interface port has failed.  Only
applies to multi-ported drives.  (e.g. FibreChannel GBIC failure)
    ADC Tape Alert 19h - Dual port interface error.  The meaning is
probably a reflection of the SSC-2 redundant port failure.  Under ADT &
ADT-2, I suspect this can only apply to non-bridged libraries or
libraries bridged through a multi-port drive.  (Odd that it's
arbitrarily limited to dual-port in ADC.)
-roger rose   { rrose at tandbergdata.com
<blocked::mailto:rrose at tandbergdata.com>  }
Product Test, Tandberg Data