Action Items from yesterdays ADI meeting

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 15 15:43:19 PST 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0801151_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Georg,
Thanks.  I have copied the reflector so all can see your response.
Thanks,
Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-2869 / 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/storage/
Georg Boasson <Georg.Boasson at tandbergstorage.com>
01/15/2008 11:56 AM
Kevin D Butt/Tucson/IBM at IBMUS
cc
Subject
Action Items from yesterdays ADI meeting
Hello Kevin
Here is answer for our Action Item from yesterday?s ADI meeting:
Sorry for the delay. Are you the right person for this answeer?
Georg Boasson
To Action Item on Tape Alert flag 19h.
I have checked with Tandberg Data here in Oslo and they do not implement
this flag in their libraries or loaders.
At least not in the libraries developed here in Norway. What they do in
the libraries from Exabyte, now Tandberg Data
I do not know.
Our opinion here at Tandberg Storage is that this flag is some kind of
bucket where you put all cases that does not fit anywhere else.
We generally do not like unspecified TA flags like this. We should either
remove it or make clear that this is a flag that can be used to indicate
that
The library has an unspecified problem. The action should probably be
something like that ?If the problem persist, call a service
representative?.
Unless someone comes up with a more specific use for this flag, I would
probably vote for the removal solution.
Halvard Eriksen
Tandberg Storage