SAS2 - OPEN TIMEOUT

Larry Chen Larry_Chen at pmc-sierra.com
Tue Jan 8 14:00:39 PST 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r080108j_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Is there any mechanism in place to _exclude_ OPEN TIMEOUT from being
retried (see
RED font below for details). I think there is a danger of masking out
errors if OPEN TIMEOUT
Is blindly retried.
---
4.5 I_T nexus loss
When a SAS port receives OPEN_REJECT (NO DESTINATION), OPEN_REJECT
(PATHWAY BLOCKED),
OPEN_REJECT (RESERVED INITIALIZE 0), OPEN_REJECT (RESERVED INITIALIZE
1), OPEN_REJECT
(RESERVED STOP 0), OPEN_REJECT (RESERVED STOP 1), or an open connection
timeout occurs in
response to a connection request, it shall retry the connection request
until:
a) the connection is established;
b) for SSP target ports, the time indicated by the I_T NEXUS LOSS TIME
field in the Protocol-Specific Port
mode page (see 10.2.7.4) expires; or
c) the I_T nexus loss timer, if any, expires (see 4.7.1, 8.2.2.1,
10.2.7.4, and 10.4.3.17).