keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Mon Jan 7 21:42:45 PST 2008

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*
Hello Daivd,
I'm sorry that I do not have a connection with manager of high rank. I work
for
end users/ordinary PC users side. So I may have communication with
people/engineer such as sales side, Quality Control side, Customer support
side
and retail shop side.
"due to insufficient average data rate"
Specification allows much possibility than the possibility that may be
possible
in the market. DVD 2X transfer rate is OK for HD content on DVD. Most of DVD
slim drive have this speed now.
In addition, to support DVD+R/+RW, 3.3X is supported on DVD writer drive.
Currently HD ready system (ex. Vista premium model) has new good performance
ODD
drive. What I want to say is that already PC manufactures have released HD
ready
system to the market. Of course old drive or low performance drive may be
bad.
"Real Time Streaming feature"
This feature does not have capability for "execution time for an I/O
operation".
A series of commands will be executed appropriately for Streaming. This is
basic
function of ODD drive.
I understood a problem that HD not-ready drive does not have good performance
for HD content playback. Pioneer simple proposal has the solution for this
problem.
I do not understand the root cause of your "execution time for an I/O
operation"
problem. You may inform us about what is problem (and root cause) of
"execution
time for an I/O operation".
Best regards,
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.
David Burg <daviburg at windows.microsoft.com>@avc-pioneer.com on 2008/01/08
12:17:52
mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com$B$KJV?.$7$F$/$@$5$$(B
$BAw?.<T(B:	  owner-mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com
$B08 at h(B:  "mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com" <mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com>
cc:    T10 Reflector <t10 at t10.org>
bcc:
$B7oL>(B:  RE: Posted: Pioneer counter proposal
Dear Katata-san,
This proposal is highly different from Microsoft-Toshiba proposal and you
mention "Pioneer and its partner companies do not receive any request of the
above items from PC manufactures."
I believe however that David Walp already shared with the committee at the
previous meeting the following from Dell in a response to a similar comment
you
made at the Las Vegas meeting. It case it slipped through, let me repeat it