Interpretation of SPEC_I_PT (Persistent Reservations)

Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com
Mon Jan 7 06:57:20 PST 2008

* Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com
*
In SPC-4 rev. 11, I am reading the rules for use of the SPEC_I_PT bit. The
rules clearly specify its intended use with REGISTER service action and
specify it is illegal for use with REGISTER AND IGNORE EXISTING KEY service
action. It is silent on what to do with this bit for the other service
actions, but the description of the action seems to imply that it is only
legal with REGISTER service action and illegal for all others. Is this
interpretation correct?
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org