SES-2 revision 19a now available
Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)
Elliott at hp.com
Sat Jan 5 16:52:40 PST 2008
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* "Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)" <Elliott at hp.com>
SCSI Enclosure Services - 2 (SAS-2) revision 19a (sas2r19a) is now available
on http://www.t10.org/drafts.htm and http://www.t10.org/new.htm,
reflecting the first pass of letter ballot comment resolution.
ses2r19a.pdf is the new working draft incorporating the changes.
Change bars reflect changes since ses2r19.
07-512r0.pdf contains the original letter ballot comments.
08-049r0.pdf contains ses2r19 side-by-side with the comments
(including resolution status).
On some of the pages, Acrobat messed up the pagination such
that the comments are on the left and the arrows don't
line up, but it's decipherable.
08-049r0.fdf contains just the comments (including resolution status)
and can be imported into ses2r19.pdf using full Acrobat.
Thanks to George Penokie (IBM at the time) and Roger Cummings (Symantec)
for submitting comments.
Issues needing CAP working group feedback:
1. May we convert decimal separators from the ISO convention (commas) to the
American convention (periods)?
2. Should CHECK CONDITION/HARDWARE ERROR/ENCLOSURE FAILURE be allowed on
INQUIRY, REPORT LUNS, and NOTIFY DATA TRANSFER DEVICE commands?
(see editor's note on page 18)
3. Should the REPORT bit be allowed to be set to one in overall status
elements, or is it only applicable to individual status elements?
(see editor's note on page 74)
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
Hewlett-Packard Industry Standard Server Storage Advanced Technology
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10