[Fwd: Re: SPC Inquiry for Quad-Aligned Zero -- deprecated since SPC-4 maybe]

Ralph Weber roweber at IEEE.org
Fri Jan 4 19:08:32 PST 2008

* Ralph Weber <roweber at ieee.org>
*
One final point gentle reflector readers ...
Pat's general record for bug finding is vastly better than
the current incident would suggest. Somebody must have spiked
he Wheaties with Should Sauce. Nothing else can explain what
such a far out misreading of a tried-and-true SCSI keyword.
All the best,
.Ralph
-------- Original Message --------
Subject:	Re: SPC Inquiry for Quad-Aligned Zero -- deprecated since
SPC-4 maybe
Date:	Fri, 04 Jan 2008 20:12:06 -0600
From:	Ralph Weber <roweber at ieee.org>
To:	t10 at t10.org
References:	<477E9026.1070302 at ieee.org>
<F412CA727D22E141A18A28D1358225E301865F54 at RTPEXMV01.hq.netapp.com>
<369B58E68719B54483BCD7514948EE90017D253B at ntxfrembx01.micron.com>
* Ralph Weber <roweber at ieee.org>
*
Pat,
The only reason I am responding to this is to ensure that other
readers of this reflector do not get the impression that you have
a semblance of a clue.
The only thing you stated that is correct is:
"[should be at least] ... means should not be less".
***BUT***
"should not be less" means "this standard recommends that the
value not be less". "should not be less" DOES NOT MEAN "this
standard prohibits the value from being less".
Please take your whimsical rewrites of SPC-4 r11 subclause 3.3
to some less rigorous reflector.
Regards,
.Ralph
P.S. You should have heeded the private warnings about the
pearls of pursuing this path.

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org