Group Reservations Phone Conference

Roger Cummings roger_cummings at symantec.com
Thu Jan 3 10:39:45 PST 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0801038_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Kevin,
Thanks for posting the new documents, and for offering to organize the
call. Any time that you propose OTHER than 1pm on Tuesday will work for
me. I also have a reservationless conference scheme that we can use if
that would help.
What I'm intending to do for this call next week is to try and take a
step back and document very simply what the problem is that we're trying
to solve (on which I think we have a good level of consensus), and then
try and list the specific requirements that need to be met by the
solution. I'm hoping that you think that would be useful.
My interpretation of the thread up until today is that we have three or
four different approaches to the solution, all of which will work at
some level, and that to be able to evaluate those approaches effectively
we'll need to agree what the requirements are and assign a weighting.
Also, for those who've just started to participate in this thread, I'd
like to reiterate something that Kevin said in his first message
responding to my comments on his original posting. He said:
"I would prefer that we work together to shape a mutually beneficial
proposal as opposed to have "competing" proposals.  I am willing to
modify my proposal where it can be made easier and such.  I am not sold
that my proposed method is the only way or even the best - it's just the
way I thought of doing it."
I think these are admirable sentiments: I agree with them 110% and I
hope that everybody else does too. We MUST end up with something here
that we can all live with - we MUST NOT end up with two different ways
of doing this, one will be complicated enough!
Regards,
Roger Cummings
SYMANTEC
roger_cummings at symantec.com