SSC-3: Resolution to LB Comment EMC-001 (Multiple SDK support)

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Wed Dec 17 10:39:56 PST 2008

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r0812172_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Dale,
Here are a few comments on this latest proposal.
1)
Under the Data Encryption Algorithm descriptor:
Table XXX specifies the values for the Decryption KAD Capabilities
(DKAD_C) field. The DKAD_C field only indicates the decryption
capabilities associated with DECRYPTION MODE field values of DECRYPT and
MIXED of the Security Protocol Out command in the Set Data Encryption page
(see Table 146).
I suggest this rewording to put it into "standardeze".
Table XXX specifies the values for the Decryption KAD Capabilities
(DKAD_C) field. The DKAD_C field indicates the decryption capabilities
when theDECRYPTION MODE field of the Set Data Encryption page (see Table
146) is set to DECRYPT or MIXED.
2)
Under the Data Encryption Algorithm descriptor TABLE XXX DKAD_C field
values please reword your CHECK CONDITION texts to match this example I
took from SPC-4 (I think you are just missing the word "status").
shall terminate the command with CHECK CONDITION status, with the sense
key set to ILLEGAL REQUEST, and the additional sense code set to INVALID
FIELD IN PARAMETER LIST.
3)
Again in TABLE XXX DKAD_C field values, I would prefer a change in Name
from:
required -> KAD Required
not required -> KAD Not Allowed
optional -> KAD Optional
4)
Under the Data Encryption Status page your new text reads:
The available supplemental decryption key count (ASDK_COUNT) field
contains the current number of available supplemental decryption keys that
the application client may utilize. If the device server is not capable of
supporting supplemental decryption keys then the ASDK_COUNT field shall
contain a zero value.
It is not clear to me if this is the number of additional keys that may be
loaded or if this is the number of keys already loaded.  Please clarify if
this is the count of keys already loaded or if this is the number of
additional keys that may be loaded.  Also, please state the relationship
between this number and the MSDK_COUNTfield of the Data Encryption
Algorithm descriptor.
Thanks,
Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-2869 / 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/storage/