Active cable spec

Gourgen Oganessyan gourgen at quellan.com
Wed Aug 27 08:45:20 PDT 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0808270_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

All,
After consulting with system vendors, I have made a pinout change in the
active cable spec proposal in 08-052. The Sense pin will change from B10
to B1, and B10 reverts to simple ground. Vcc stays at B13. People did a
detailed routing study and this modified arrangement is the least
invasive change and allows the easiest modification of existing boards.
I hope everyone is fine with this, it really affects Quellan the most at
this stage as we will need to respin our prototype cables.
I will upload the new spec by the end of the day, also incorporating the
feedback from the last conference call, and will go through it tomorrow
during the call.
Best,
Gourgen Oganessyan
Quellan Inc.