Minor changes to sync MMC-6 with Mt. Fuji 7

Hideki Takahashi hidy.takahashi at toshiba.co.jp
Fri Aug 22 01:08:07 PDT 2008

* Hideki Takahashi <hidy.takahashi at toshiba.co.jp>
*
Dear Bill-san,
HD DVDs are still being licensed, and for example there are HD DVD
products supporting HD DVD-R(DL) in the market still now.
Possibly we hope MMC-6 could include the specified items in Mt.Fuji7.
Since no new technical discussion has to be necessary.
Best Regards,
Hideki Takahashi
Toshiba
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 15:22:18 -0600
Bill McFerrin <bmcferrin at dataplay.com> wrote:
> Dear Takahashi-san,
> We intended to keep all of the HD DVD descriptions from MMC-5. That will
include HD DVD-ROM, HD DVD-RAM, and HD DVD-R (SL). It is my understanding
that there are no developers of the newer HD DVD disc types: HD DVD-R DL, HD
DVD-RW SL, and HD DVD-RW DL. Do you think it would be acceptable to exclude
these from MMC-6?

> Kind Regards,
> Bill McFerrin
> DPHI