MMC-6: Proposal to declare MRW as Legacy

Bill McFerrin billmc37 at ctesc.net
Thu Aug 21 16:51:18 PDT 2008

* Bill McFerrin <billmc37 at ctesc.net>
*
During the MMC WG meeting, it was noted that MRW support on DVD
recorders is either small or non-existent. Consequently, we are
proposing that MRW be labeled Legacy. This means that our Legacy annex
will name the last version of MMC that contained the descriptions about
MRW, but it is not included in MMC-6. It will also be recommended MRW
should not be implemented on any new developments.
If you disagree with this conclusion of the MMC WG, please notify us.
Kind Regards,
Bill McFerrin
MMC WG chair,
MMC-6 editor