OSD: Log Pages

Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com
Thu Aug 14 07:24:42 PDT 2008

* Gerry.Houlder at seagate.com
*
Pages unique to OSD devices will be in the OSD-x standard. OSD-x devices
may still implement log pages described in SPC-x. There might be a hole
here is that a disk drive implementing OSD might want to implement some log
pages in SBC-x and OSD might not provide a pointer to SBC, but the general
idea is that a particular log page is only described once and other device
types that use the same log page refer to the initial description instead
of creating a new description.
	     "Eddy Quicksall"
	     <Quicksall_SCSI at B
	     ellsouth.net>						To
	     Sent by:		       <t10 at t10.org>
	     owner-t10 at t10.org						cc
	     No Phone Info
	     Available						   Subject
				       OSD: Log Pages
	     08/14/2008 08:11
	     AM
SPC4r16 says “Log pages specific to each device type are described in the
command standard that applies to that device type”. But I don’t see
anything in the OSD spec that describes these pages even though it says LOG
SELECT/SENSE are supported. Does anyone know if I am missing something?
Eddy
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org