Error codes in 07-372r1 that are used by HP

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 23 15:56:37 PDT 2008

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0804233_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Thanks Curtis.	For the conference call I decided to only mark the action
items that were closed and assume everything else was a carry-over.  I
should probably put a note to that effect.  Then the closed items will
jump out.
Thanks,
Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-2869 / 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/storage/
"Ballard, Curtis C (StorageWorks)" <curtis.ballard at hp.com>
04/23/2008 02:17 PM
Kevin D Butt/Tucson/IBM at IBMUS
cc
"Ballard, Curtis C (StorageWorks)" <curtis.ballard at hp.com>
Subject
Error codes in 07-372r1 that are used by HP
Kevin,
I had an action item to get feedback from HP to you for the error codes in
07-372.  Sorry it's so late but here it is.  One interesting note, I
didn't see that action item in the con call notes as closed or carry-over
but I did see it in the March 10th minutes so I think the action items may
not have gotten carried into the con-call minutes completely.
Curtis
------------------------------------
MEDIUM MAGAZINE REMOVED
HP has products that report this as a Not Ready CC to any command that
causes motion (INITIALIZE, SEEK, MOVE, EXCHANGE) in a library that is
unable to function when the magazine that contains one of the elements is
removed so we would like to see this allowed as a CC to motion commands.
HP has products that will report this as an illegal command CC to any move
command (MOVE, EXCHANGE) if the magazine containing the destination
element is missing.
HP has products that report this value in the sense data for a READ
ELEMENT STATUS when an element is not accessible because the magazine that
it is in is removed.
MEDIUM MAGAZINE INSERTED
HP has products that return this as a UA when a load port door is closed
(Mailslot)
MEDIUM MAGAZINE LOCKED
Not used
MEDIUM MAGAZINE UNLOCKED
Not used
MEDIUM MAGAZINE NOT ACCESSIBLE
HP has products that will report this as an illegal command CC to any move
command (MOVE, EXCHANGE) if the destination element is in a magazine is in
a position where the picker can not access it.