Contradiction between MMC and Fuji on Inquiry command standard response

Bill McFerrin billmc37 at ctesc.net
Wed Apr 2 16:19:48 PDT 2008

* Bill McFerrin <billmc37 at ctesc.net>
*
Hi David,
With respect to MMC-5, we are governed first by SPC-3. When MMC-5 does
not specify, SPC-3 rules. MMC-5 reports specific values and deviations
|from SPC-3. We reported Response Data Format = 11b is order to be
consistent with MtFuji. By specifying our difference with SPC-3, we are
legal.
In Inquiry data byte 3, NormACA is bit 5, HiSup is bit 4, and Response
Data Format is bit2 1 and 0. Maybe I do not understand, but I think
there is no problem.
Cheers,
Bill McFerrin

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org