Ultra320 to SAS Interface
Pratt, Gary (GE Indust, GE Fanuc)
Gary.Pratt2 at ge.com
Wed Sep 26 15:18:17 PDT 2007
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* "Pratt, Gary (GE Indust, GE Fanuc)" <Gary.Pratt2 at ge.com>
I hope this is an appropriate posting for this forum. Please accept my
apologies if not.
I'm looking for advice on designing an interface that will allow a new
SAS drive (ST973402SS) to replace an older SCSI drive (ST373455LC). The
input of the interface will be an Ultra320-target physical interface and
the output will be a SAS initiator physical interface. Logic is
required in between to capture certain commands (such as Inquiry) and
provide a response that matches that which would be provided by the
older SCSI drive. I have a more detailed specification if anyone is
interested in more of the details.
So, ultimately, I'm looking for one of the following:
1) Any advice anyone is willing to contribute on the feasibility and
pertinent issues with this project.
2) Ultra320-target (physical to application layer) and SAS-initiator
(Application to physical layer) IP that will fit in a Xilinx or Altera
3) An Ultra320-target IC and a SAS-initiator IC in between which I can
place logic to detect and modify the necessary commands.
4) A SCSI/SAS expert willing to consult on this project
5) A design firm willing to design this interface.
Thanks in advance,
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10