USB Mass storage sub-class for MMC devices

Bill McFerrin billmc37 at ctesc.net
Thu Sep 20 14:15:15 PDT 2007

* Bill McFerrin <billmc37 at ctesc.net>
*
Members:
Curtis Stevens (Western Digital) came to our MMC WG meeting on 19
September 2007 to bring up a concern about UBC mass storage bridge
implementations. The drive sub-class may be specified as either
SFF8020/MMC-2 (value = 2) or Transparent SCSI (value=6). Since SFF8020
is obsolete and MMC-2 has been withdrawn as a standard, we should act to
promote the use of only drive sub-type 6. Keiji Katata (Pioneer)
proposed that drive sub-type 2 be made obsolete. If you are aware of
common use of drive sub-type 2, please respond to this message.
Kind Regards,
Bill McFerrin
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org