07-368r1 comments

James.C.Hatfield at seagate.com James.C.Hatfield at seagate.com
Wed Sep 5 09:19:11 PDT 2007

* James.C.Hatfield at seagate.com
*
What it is TRYING to say is that the parameters returned are defined by
whoever
'owns' the SECURITY PROTOCOL  (e.g. table 194), and that the data content
would not be described in SPC.
So, for example:
- SECURITY PROTOCOL= 01h - 06h
      TCG would define (in their document) what the data looks like.
- SECURITY PROTOCOL= EEh
      IEEE 1667 could define (in their document), what their data looks
like
      or they could return only the header saying 'no additional data'
      or they don't even have to support the parameter
- and so forth
Would you please suggest different language that would make this more clear
?
Thank You !!!
Jim Hatfield
Seagate Technology LLC
   e-mail:  James.C.Hatfield at seagate.com
   s-mail:  389 Disc Drive;  Longmont, CO 80503 USA
   voice:  720-684-2120
   fax....:  720-684-2711
	     Kevin D Butt
	     <kdbutt at us.ibm.co
	     m> 							To
	     No Phone Info	       James.C.Hatfield at seagate.com
	     Available							cc
				       t10 at t10.org
								   Subject
	     09/04/2007 05:51	       07-368r1 comments
	     PM
Jim,
I am confused with your proposal.  I cannot figure out what is to be filled
in to the SECURITY PROPERTIES field.  I tried following the definition, but
the reference in Table 193 does not specify anything about what to put in
this field.
The contents of the SECURITY PROPERTIES field depend on the protocol
specified by the least significant byte of the SECURITY PROTOCOL SPECIFIC
field (see table 193). The contents are defined by the related reference in
table 194.
I assume it is your intent to define in each of the security protocols what
is to be placed in this field.	However, without an example I do not
understand what properties you are intending to specify and how multiple
protocols relate.
Thanks,
Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-2869 / 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/storage/