SSC-3: Tape end-to-end data protection (07-373r2; 07-374r2)

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 4 17:13:36 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0709047_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

I have updated my presentation and proposal on Tape end-to-end data
protection.
The presentation has been updated in an attempt to better show:
1) Why the disk end-to-end method is not a good candidate for tape
solutions; and
2) Why the protection information length (i.e., CRC length) needs to be
included in the transfer length and not just inferred.
The proposal has been updated from the original incorporating feedback
|from four different companies.	Many options have been removed. Clarifying
text and figures have been added to the model clause.  Text that is likely
to get removed unless somebody fights to keep the related options has been
highlighted.
Please see the updates here:
SSC-3: Tape end-to-end data protection(Presentation)
SSC-3: Tape end-to-end data protection(Proposal)
Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-2869 / 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com