07-368r1 comments

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 4 16:51:34 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0709046_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Jim,
I am confused with your proposal.  I cannot figure out what is to be
filled in to the SECURITY PROPERTIES field.  I tried following the
definition, but the reference in Table 193 does not specify anything about
what to put in this field.
The contents of the SECURITY PROPERTIES field depend on the protocol
specified by the least significant byte of the SECURITY PROTOCOL SPECIFIC
field (see table 193). The contents are defined by the related reference
in table 194.
I assume it is your intent to define in each of the security protocols
what is to be placed in this field.  However, without an example I do not
understand what properties you are intending to specify and how multiple
protocols relate.
Thanks,
Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-2869 / 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com