Mt Fuji - MMC:

David Burg daviburg at windows.microsoft.com
Tue Sep 4 07:35:00 PDT 2007

* David Burg <daviburg at windows.microsoft.com>
*
Hi Katata-san,
Cdrom.sys doesn't include implementation of file systems. It is solely an
abstraction layer for optical devices. Cdrom.sys implements since Vista an
abstraction of set streaming. File system are implemented either in user mode
mastering software - e.g. IMAPI - or kernel mode live file systems - aka
packet writing software, like udfs.sys -.
Udfs.sys does not currently use the set streaming command. Imapi does and
does handle command errors.
Best regards,
David Burg.