irrelevant section in SAS 2 rev 12 specification

Mona monika.talwar at nsysinc.com
Tue Oct 30 23:00:15 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0710310_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Hello All,
I have noticed an issue in the recently uploaded SAS specification( SAS
2 rev 12)
On page number 257, the following para seems to be irrelevant.
---------------------------------------------------- pg. 254,
sec#6.8.4.10.4
Before the transition, this state shall:
a) if a Phy Capabilities Bits Received message is received with an
argument of parity bad, set the
ResetStatus state machine variable to PHY_RESET_PROBLEM; or
b) if no commonly supported settings exist after the Commonly Supported
Settings state machine
variable is set, set the ResetStatus state machine variable to
UNSUPPORTED_PHY_ATTACHED.
The above test talks about the situation when phy capability bits are
detected by receiver. But the transition specified in Section#6.8.4.10.4
will happen only when Phy capabily bits are not detected by receiver
before SNTT timer expires.  In this  case the parity error and commonly
supported settings become meaninglless.
The above said para shall be specified under 6.8.4.10.3., as section#
6.8.4.10.3 specifies the transition of State machine when Phy capability
bits with [arity error are detected or no commonly supported settings
are identified.
Please correct me if my inderstanding is incorrect.
Thanks and best regards
Mona