Resend: Quantum Volunteer for ADI Editor

Paul Suhler Paul.Suhler at Quantum.Com
Thu Oct 25 12:40:50 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0710252_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

[Re-sending without the annoying invalid digital signature.]
I 'm pleased to announce that Quantum is able to offer a contender for
the ADI Editor Fruit Basket. As you may recall, when we first solicited
editors for ADC and ADT, Seagate (as we were known at the time) offered
volunteers a fruit basket, and Paul Entzel and Rod Wideman collected.
(While he would be editing both ADT-2 and ADC-3, he will only collect
one fruit basket.)
:-)
Paul Stone is a firmware engineer on LTO, who has worked on our
formatter chips since generation 1. While his SCSI command experience is
indirect, he is very good at documentation and with our assistance he'll
be able to learn standardese quickly. the management chain is aware of
the time required and fully supports his doing this job.
As the selection of editor will be voted on by the ADI working group, I
propose to vote on accepting Paul at next Wednesday's teleconference. If
anyone feels that the vote should be deferred to the face-to-face
meeting the following Monday, that would be fine with me. I think that
we should decide not later than that, so if anyone has anonther
candidate, please speak up ASAP.
Thanks very much,
Paul Suhler
ADI-2 Project Leader
+++++++++++++++
Disregard the Quantum Corporation confidentiality notice below. The
information contained in this transmission is not confidential.
Permission is hereby explicitly granted to disclose, copy, and further
distribute to any individual(s) or organization(s), without restriction.
The information contained in this transmission may be
confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further
distribution of confidential information is not permitted
unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by
Quantum Corporation. Furthermore, Quantum Corporation is not
responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the
substance of this communication or for any delay in its
receipt.