SONY XDCAM optical drive (?)

Peter Van Hove Peter at Smart-Projects.net
Wed Oct 17 05:17:17 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0710171_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Hi,
I came accross the SONY XDCAM which is supposed to be a BD drive but I have
troubles supporting it correctly.
Reasons are, it does not say it's an optical drive (Inquiry) and once worked
around that it does not return 'expected' data on normal commands sent to
optical drives (e.g. Read Disc Info, Mode Sense etc.) (e.g. Read Disc
Information says the disc is blank while it is not).
Does anybody know more about this ?
Is this not supposed to be a 'normal' optical drive ?  Is it a special drive
supporting only a subset of commands ? Or is it maybe the driver that masks
things ?
Best Regards,
Peter
Peter Van Hove, CEO Smart Projects