07-437r2 -- SA Creation with tabular algorithm sets

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 16 15:37:02 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0710160_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Ralph,
I am concerned that the text <<In the Device Server Capabilities step, the
device server shall return parameter data containing at least the IKEv2-
SCSI cryptographic algorithm descriptors (see 7.7.3.6) shown in one row of
table x3.>> might not be interpreted to mean that the returned parameter
data contains every algorithm from the entire row of at least one row.
I am not sure how to state it clearly.	Perhaps this would be better.
In the Device Server Capabilities step, the device server shall return
parameter data containing the IKEv2-
SCSI cryptographic algorithm descriptors (see 7.7.3.6) in at least one
complete row shown in table x3.
Thanks,
Kevin D. Butt
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-2869 / 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/storage/
Ralph Weber <roweber at IEEE.org>
Sent by: owner-t10 at t10.org
10/15/2007 06:42 PM
"'t10 at t10.org'" <t10 at t10.org>
cc
Subject
07-437r2 -- SA Creation with tabular algorithm sets
* Ralph Weber <roweber at ieee.org>
*
As recommended by the Security Conference Call this morning,
I have built an algorithms-sets table with the six IKEv2-
SCSI cryptographic algorithm descriptor names forming columns
and the grouped sets forming rows.
I am at a loss to explain why this elegant idea never occurred
to me, but there it is ... and the resulting table looks very
slick (if I do say so myself).
Check it out for yourself at:
All the best,
.Ralph