MMC / Fuji: refresh for 2008 optical device WQHL requirements

David Burg daviburg at windows.microsoft.com
Thu Nov 8 14:30:37 PST 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0711081_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Hello,
Several items have been fixed or altered t the 2008 optical device WQHL
requirements since the last update I shared to the engineers of MMC / Fuji.
As always, best is that you access the updated document from the winqual
website at Microsoft.
However to ease the access to the information and your review, I have copied
the content here below.
Best regards,
David Burg.
An optical drive (Peripheral Device Type 5 as defined by SCSI primary Command
Set) is a device that complies with the following standards defined by MMC 6,
Mt Fuji 7, and Microsoft.
This logo requirement goes into effect June 2008, and provides guidance for
Basic Logo Level and Premium Logo Level.
Logo
Feature
2008
Basic
Profiles
CD-ROM
Required
CD-R
If Implemented
CD-RW
If Implemented
DVD-ROM
Required
DVD-R Sequential Recording
If Implemented
DVD-RAM
If Implemented
DVD-RW Restricted Overwrite
If Implemented
DVD-R Dual Layer Sequential Recording
If Implemented
DVD+RW
If Implemented
DVD+R
If Implemented
DVD+RW DL
If Implemented
DVD+R DL
If Implemented
HD DVD ROM
If Implemented
HD DVD R
If Implemented
HD DVD RW
If Implemented
BD-ROM
If Implemented
BD-R Sequential Recording
If Implemented
BD-RE
If Implemented
Removable Disc
If Implemented
Features
Core Feature
Required
Profile List Feature
Required
Mandatory features per profile
Required
Removable medium feature from Mt. Fuji 7
Required
Reporting correct tray status
Required
DVD-ROM & CD-ROM drives capable of reading open/closed recorded recordable
media
Required
BD-ROM & HD DVD-ROM drives capable of reading open/closed recorded recordable
media1
If Implemented
Power management feature
Required
Morphing Feature
Required
Drive Serial Number Feature
Required
Basic Performance Requirement
Command Execution Timeout
See Below
Premium
Profiles
CD-ROM
Required
CD-R
Required
CD-RW
Required
DVD-ROM
Required
DVD-R Sequential Recording
Required
DVD-RAM
Required
[...]
Premium Performance Requirement
Command Execution Timeout
See Below
The Following commands must not exceed the recommended maximum values to meet
logo requirements
COMMAND
Basic logo requirement (msec)
Premium logo requirement (msec)
GET CONFIGURATION
15
10
GET EVENT STATUS NOTIFICATION
2
2
GET PERFORMANCE
20
15
INQUIRY
2
2
MECHANISM STATUS
4
4
MODE SELECT
20
15
MODE SENSE
20
15
PREVENT ALLOW MEDIUM REMOVAL
2
2
READ TOC PMA ATIP
20
15
READ BUFFER CAPACITY
4
4
READ CAPACITY
5
5
READ CD
50
35
READ DISC INFORMATION
50
35
READ FORMAT CAPACITIES
4
4
READ TRACK INFORMATION
5
5
REQUEST SENSE
2
2
SEND OPC INFORMATION
15000
10000
SET READ AHEAD
5
5
SET STREAMING
2
2
START STOP UNIT (Immed=1b)
4
4
START STOP UNIT (Eject, Immed=0b)
5000
3500
START STOP UNIT (Inject, Immed=0b, until media is ready)
25000
15000
SYNCHRONIZE CACHE (Immed=1b)
4