MMC - Mt Fuji: Read10 for incomplete recordable DVD

David Burg daviburg at windows.microsoft.com
Fri Apr 27 10:13:24 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0704271_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Hello,
On a recordable DVD with a single open session and open track, I observe
the ReadTOC format 00h report for track 01 a start track address of
FFFD0000h (just before the lead-out track number AAh at FFFD0001h). But
is the behavior of the ReadTOC command specified at all in this context?
I suspect not. We should specify it (and try to match most common
current behavior) to avoid host software to use the command in an
inappropriate context.
Best regards,
David Burg.