AACS Bus Encryption issue

Takaharu Ai ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com
Sat Apr 21 10:59:29 PDT 2007

* Takaharu Ai <ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com>
*
Hello Ishihara-san and Mt.Fuji members,
I have one comment about AACS bus encryption issue.
I think we should define the behavior of the logical unit, which
receives a command to specify the LBA Extents for bus encryption, when
the logical unit cannot obtain the Media Seed from the medium.
My proposal about this issue is that the command to specify the LBA
Extents should be rejected with CHECK CONDITION, because the LBA Extents
are meaningless unless the bus encryption is possible.
Do you have any opinion about the above idea?
Best Regards,
Harry Ai
VEBU
Panasonic AVC Networks Company