Proposal for additional 6G SAS Phy spec

Jenkins, Mike Mike.Jenkins at lsi.com
Mon Apr 16 09:55:16 PDT 2007

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0704162_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Alvin & the SAS Phy folks,
I would like to revive the proposal for a minimum spec on the TX VMA.  I
believe Kevin originally proposed this, and now, especially in the
absence of a normative spec on de-emphasis, I believe nothing formally
limits the minimum VMA.  The current proposal sets max/min limits on the
peak voltage, but not on VMA which is arguably a more relevant parameter
for signal integrity.
Hence, I propose 600 mVppd as the minimum value for TX VMA (which is the
same value I believe Kevin proposed originally).
This subject really doesn't seem to have much meat for a presentation,
but I would like to discuss this during the Phy meeting, if we can spare
a little time.	I will try to summarize these points with a few slides
and will upload them if anyone requests.
Thanks,
Mike