SAS-2 revision 6 now available
Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)
Elliott at hp.com
Fri Sep 22 20:04:29 PDT 2006
Attachment #1: <A HREF="r0609225_smime.p7s">smime.p7s</A>
Serial Attached SCSI - 2 (SAS-2) revision 6 (sas2r06) is now available
on http://www.t10.org/drafts.htm and http://www.t10.org/new.htm,
incorporating proposals recommended by the September 2006 T10 plenary
(e.g. all the zoning proposals).
Please review the editor's notes that have accumulated.
Some of particular interest:
* Note 2: Should SAS refer to specific version numbers of SFF
* Notes 5, 8, 9: Should zoning expander devices be required to fetch zone
group information and put it into their own zoning expander route tables?
Or, is the zoning expander route table optional?
* Note 6: How should we close the window where an initiator can open a
target but the target cannot open the initiator?
* Note 10: Should we change Broadcast (Zone Activate) into just a bit in the
ZONED BROADCAST function, since there is no need for it to be available as a
* Note 11: Need text on attenuating SSC while measuring jitter
* Note 18: What should the priority be between OPEN_REJECT (ZONE VIOLATION)
and OPEN_REJECT (CONNECTION RATE NOT SUPPORTED)?
* Note 24: Should we add a BROADCAST EXPANDER COUNT field?
* Note 25: Should we add a DRIVE PRESENCE DETECTED field?
* Note 28: Should the ROUTED SAS ADDRESS field be in bytes 0-7, in front of
the PHY BIT MAP field?
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
Hewlett-Packard Industry Standard Server Storage Advanced Technology
More information about the T10