No subject

Kade Soprano kade.soprano at texmemsys.com
Fri Oct 27 11:53:35 PDT 2006

* Kade Soprano <kade.soprano at texmemsys.com>
*
Sir/Madam,
I am writing in regards to a question that I have about the WRITE BUFFER
SCSI command.
In particular, my question pertains to the data sent from the
application client for the echo
buffer mode (0AH).
The specification (SPC-3) states that "Data shall be sent aligned on
four-byte boundaries."
Does this mean that the device server should check that the data is
aligned on four-byte
boundaries and terminate the command with a CHECK CONDITION status if
the data
isn't aligned properly, or, to be a little less harsh, properly align
[down] the data if it isn't?
This is what I gather from my reading of the specifications, but since
it's not explicitly
stated, I cannot be sure.
Thank you for your time.
Kade M. Soprano