[T11.3] FCP-4: Continuously Increasing SEQ_CNT

Bob.Nixon at emulex.com Bob.Nixon at emulex.com
Fri Oct 13 16:08:51 PDT 2006

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0610131_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

Dave,
Despite the potential value of CISC to FCP operation in Class 3, we must
advise against requiring or even recommending it.
In our interoperability testing, we have discovered there are devices with
significant installed base that do not behave properly when actually
presented with CISC.  Unfortunately, they do not reject an N_Port Login that
offers CISC, so this problem is not discoverable.
Even recommending CISC in a standard would therefore increase the incidence
of interoperability problems with use of Fibre Channel.
   - Bob Nixon, Emulex alternate representative