About DVD-RW DL

Takaharu Ai ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com
Wed Oct 11 15:16:27 PDT 2006

* Takaharu Ai <ai.takaharu at jp.panasonic.com>
*
Hello Akahoshi-san,
First of all, I made two mistakes in the table. First one is the
Incompete state must be Intermediate state, and the second one is that
the description for the Disc Status of (LRA is on L0, and ERZ in on L1)
must be "LRA is in 2nd LJB".
>Q1. What is the ESN? End Sector Number? Is it means LRA or ERZ?
ESN means "Maximum recorded sector number of the Data area" recorded in
RW-physical format information.
>Q2. Could you tell me about the disc status at the below condition?
><Disc Status>
>LRA is on L0.ERZ is on L1.
>In this condition, PLJA should be != 0?
Yes, you are correct. This condition is like as follows.
	   ERZ
+----------+------------------------------------------------+---------+
|Lead-out  |##########B 				    |Fixed MA |
+-------+--+------------------------------------------------+---------+
|Lead-in|#############B#######				    |Fixed MA |
+-------+---------------------------------------------------+---------+
		     ^	     ^
		    PLJA    LRA
  where #:logically recorded area
	B:Buffer block
>And if it is true, I think you need to add the another disc status.
>(ERZ is on L1 & PLJA != 0, ERZ is on L1 & PLJA = 0)
I am sorry but I may misunderstand.
The first condition looks the RZone codition is non-contiguous and the
first LJB is fully recorded. It is listed at the last three rows.
The second condition looks Partially recorded contiguous because PLJA=0
means no layer jump has happened. In this condition, LRA and ERZ point
the same location. This condition is  (LRA is on L1, and PLJA = 0 & LJA
= 0) in my table.
><Disc Status>
>LRA is on L1
>"PLJA = 0 & LJA = 0" & "PLJA = 0 & LJA != 0"
>In this condition,
>why the "Logically recorded area on L1" is not "to LRA" but "to ERZ" ?
In those cases, LRA and ERZ point the same location, because no fully
recoded LJB exists. So you can use LRA insrtead of ERZ.
Best Regards,
Harry Ai
VEBU
Panasonic AVC Networks Company