BD Dual Layer

David Burg daviburg at windows.microsoft.com
Tue Oct 10 12:16:48 PDT 2006

* David Burg <daviburg at windows.microsoft.com>
*
Hi Peter,
I think you are looking for the Read Disc Structure, Media Type 0001b
(BD) for Format Code 00h aka Disc Information (DI). BD uses a system of
class and version to identify the discs. Unfortunately the details of
the class/version and the DI definitions are kept within the Blu-ray
Disc Founders' physical specifications.
Is there a BD representative here that can provide a public
specification reference to help Peter? Is there an ECMA or ISO
specification effort for BD?
Best regards,
David Burg.