HD DVD-RAM vs HD DVD-RW

David Burg daviburg at windows.microsoft.com
Mon Oct 9 16:54:34 PDT 2006

* David Burg <daviburg at windows.microsoft.com>
*
Hi Peter,
Two different rewritable formats for HD DVD have or are being define,
similar to what happened for standard definition DVD 'dash'.
Although HD DVD-RAM specification is completed and its command set
integrated into MMC5, I am not aware of any market available recorder.
HD DVD-RW is currently been finalized and there is an on-going
discussion for the command set at Mt Fuji meetings. Your expert opinion
will likely be helpful to the committee if you can join the discussions.
Best regards,
David Burg,
Microsoft Corporation.