Fwd: 2nd Call - INCITS/T10 International Representative - Closes December 8, 2006

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Wed Nov 8 17:02:46 PST 2006

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0611083_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

I understand that Gary Robinson, the current T10 IR, does plan to apply.
However, the second call is open and closes December 8th. -- John
>Subject: 2nd Call - INCITS/T10 International Representative - Closes
December
>	 8, 2006
>Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 11:45:53 -0500
>From: "Garner, Jennifer" <jgarner at itic.org>
>To: John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>,
>	 "Robinson, Gary"
>	 <g.robinson at computer.org>
>Cc: "Purnell, Parthenia" <ppurnell at itic.org>, "Barra, Lynn"
<lbarra at itic.org>

>John and Gary
>

>As you may recall, Garys current term as INCITS/T10 International
Representative will expire in March 2007.  The first call for volunteers to
serve as INCITS/T10 IR closed without response on November 6.

>Please distribute the attached second call to the members of the committee
at your earliest opportunity as it will close on December 8, 2006.

>Best regards -
>

>Jennifer T. Garner
>Associate Director, Standards Programs
>INCITS/Information Technology Industry Council
>1250 Eye Street, NW - Suite 200
>Washington, DC 20005
>202.626.5737
>e-mail:   jgarner at itic.org
>website: <www.incits.org">http://www.incits.org>www.incits.org
>

>in061278
>
>INCITS
>InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards
>INCITS Secretariat, Information Technology Industry Council (ITI)
>1250 Eye St. NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20005
>Telephone 202-737-8888; Fax 202-638-4922
>
>Date: November 8, 2006
>Date Due: December 8, 2006
>Replaces:  in061167
>Reply to: Jennifer T. Garner
>Phone: (202) 626-5737
>email: jgarner at itic.org
>cc:   John Lohmeyer, INCITS/T10 Chairman
>	 Gary Robinson, INCITS/T10 IR
>
>----------
>To: The Members of INCITS/T10
>
>From: Jennifer T. Garner, for the INCITS Secretariat
>
>Subject: SECOND CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS - International Representative -
INCITS/T10, SCSI Storage Interfaces

>----------
>
>The term of office of the current INCITS/T10 International Representative,
Mr. Gary Robinson, will expire in March 2007.  The first call for volunteers
to serve as International Representative of INCITS/T10 closed without
response on November 6, 2006.

>This second call for volunteers to serve as International Representative of
INCITS/T10 is being issued to the members of T10 and will close on December
8, 2006.

>Any member of the INCITS Subgroup is welcome to volunteer to serve. Before
one considers doing so, however, the commitment in time and responsibilities
should be considered. Officers must actively support the administrative
structure that ensures due process to all participants, assists in reaching
consensus and protects the accreditation of the entire system. [There is no
limit to the number of terms an individual may serve. There is a rule
prohibiting one individual from being appointed to two or more offices of the
same committee simultaneously.]

>The <INCITS/RD-2">http://www.incits.org/rd2/main.htm>INCITS/RD-2, Organization and
Procedures of INCITS, generally describes officers' responsibilities, and a
more detailed list of duties has been compiled in the
<INCITS/RD-3">http://www.incits.org/rd3/rd3.htm>INCITS/RD-3, Officers' Guide.

>Those willing to make this commitment must submit three written statements
in support of their candidacy:
>    * A one-page statement of experience, indicating the volunteer's
expertise in the subgroup's program of work, voluntary standards efforts,
committee experience and leadership abilities (to be forwarded to the INCITS
Subgroup for an advisory ballot if there is more than one candidate).

>    * A statement of management support for a three-year term on company
letterhead acknowledging the additional workload, financial resources and
duties required of an officer over and above that of a technical participant.
 This statement must be signed by the candidate's management and submitted on
their organization's letterhead.

>The statement of management support for the three-year term is a good faith
commitment, not a legal binding commitment. If future circumstances require
the applicant to resign from the office before the term has been fulfilled,
this will be accepted without prejudice.
>    * A statement as to whether or not the candidate is a representative of
a U.S. domiciled organization.

>Any supplemental materials will be forwarded along with the advisory ballot
to INCITS, which appoints all INCITS Subgroup officers. The statements from
candidates wishing to serve in the above referenced position on the INCITS
Subgroup should be sent to the attention of Jennifer Garner
(jgarner at itic.org) no later than December 8, 2006.

John Lohmeyer		       Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
LSI Logic Corp. 	       Voice: +1-719-533-7560
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.		Cell: +1-719-338-1642
Colo Spgs, CO 80907