Incremental Write on DVD+RW media?

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Wed May 31 19:36:58 PDT 2006

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0605313_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

David,
I know you mean well, but implementing such links and publicly posting
complaints about specific products may be dangerously close to violating
antitrust laws. I'd much rather that people who have issues with products
contact the manufacturer directly.
Regards,
John
At 5/31/2006 03:52 PM, David F. wrote:
>It be nice to have links on T10 somewhere on reporting problems to
manufacturer's of drives.

>In any case, a Sony DRU 820A reports that Incremental Stream Writing feature
is available and current when a formatted or brand new unformatted DVD+RW
disc is in the drive.  I don't think that's correct, at least the way I read
the specs regarding the current bit.

>--
>David F.
>TeraByte Unlimited
><http://www.terabyteunlimited.com">http://www.terabyteunlimited.com>http://www.terabyteunlimited.com
>
>This email and any attachments are intended solely for the individual or
entity to which it is addressed.  If you have received this email in error,
please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the email in
error and permanently delete it.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited.
John Lohmeyer		       Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
LSI Logic Corp. 	       Voice: +1-719-533-7560
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.		Cell: +1-719-338-1642
Colo Spgs, CO 80907