John Scheible

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Fri May 19 14:09:27 PDT 2006

Formatted message: <A HREF="r0605191_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</A>

It is with great sadness that I am informing you that John Scheible died on
Monday May 15th. Services were held earlier this week. He is survived by his
wife, Peg, and three  sons (11, 13, and 15).
The long-time members of T10 will remember that John chaired T10.1, a task
group of T10 that developed the SSA family of standards. John was also quite
active on various Fibre Channel projects. John worked for IBM in Austin, TX.
I know that John would want me to include this paragraph from his June 2004
email announcing his illness:
>Public service announcement.  Remember the colonoscopy guys!.	I had no
history and should not have had my first for two more years (50).  However,
8% of colon cancer occurs before the age of 50.  I had almost no symptoms.
John
John Lohmeyer		       Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
LSI Logic Corp. 	       Voice: +1-719-533-7560
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.		Cell: +1-719-338-1642
Colo Spgs, CO 80907