SSC-3: T10/06-225r0 posted (Using NIST AES Key-Wrap for Key Establishment)

Matt Ball matt.ball at quantum.com
Thu May 4 10:48:01 PDT 2006

* "Matt Ball" <matt.ball at quantum.com>
*
Hi Everyone,
I've posted a proposal for wrapping the encrypting key as it passes across
the interface.	The main purpose of this proposal is to provide a FIPS
140-2-approved method for establishing encryption keys within the device
server.  This builds on Paul Entzel's 06-172r1 (key management) proposal, and
complements David Black's 06-103r1 proposal.
Please send me any comments.  I'd like to discuss this proposal this Tuesday
during the SSC-3 meeting in San Jose.
Thanks,
Matt Ball
Embedded Software Engineer